Monday, March 12, 2012

Viva Glam Nicki Dupe Alert

Here she is in all her glory.. I love this lipstick and not for the name but for the color. I thought it was quite unique and it wasn't something I could dupe with just the online swatches so I fell and got it. So amazing after getting it and trying it on I knew right away what drug store lipstick it reminded me of. So here we go, first  picture is the Nicki lipstick.. MAC prices her at $14.50

So here we have the dupe aside the MAC lipstick. The dupe is Cover Girl lip perfection in 400 Temptress ($7.49 I paid).. The ONLY differences would be one consistency of formulas , MAC is a little more thicker and build-able. Whereas The Cover Girl is a little more watery and if you try to build it up looks cakey too much.  Difference number two is that Cover Girl has sparkles in it they are not too noticeable until you get up close and personal. That is pretty much it as far as Differences but if you do not wish to donate your money to AIDS Awareness which is what MAC does with the money spent on this particular lipstick you can always just go into Rite aid or your local drugstore and pick up its dupe. Its quite spot on but I prefer the Nicki and will be buying a couple more. Its such a beautiful color Fits all skin tones. In the picture to your left is a bunch of other lipsticks I tried to match it with. The three lined up starting form the left is pink nouveau(MAC) The middle one is Impassioned(MAC) and the last one is Temptress( cover girl.) The top one by its lonesome is Viva Glam Nicki.(MAC) 
So here I decided to add a few other dupes. Now I have fallen in love with this winters trend , Dark Plum lips. My favorite for that was Revlon's Lipstick in 663 Va Va Voliet until I purchased MAC's Satin Lipstick In Cyber. OMG!! What a beautiful color that is so thick and rich and I love it.. LOL I compared the too and Revlon's Lipstick is has a bit more purplish reddish to it and Cyber is a little more purple black but with the right lip-liner they both would look the same.  Revlon Is the cheaper version for you ladies on a budget but I enjoy both. The swatches below show the color difference in them The top one is Revlon In 663 va va voliet and the bottom is MAC's Cyber . 


My third and final dupe for today is another of my MAC favorites shown in the middle and it is Neon Orange. I found two dupes for them one being a drug store product and another being high end as well. The Drugstore lipstick is actually the first one lined up and it is Milanis 42 Mandrina. Very thick and rich in color but not as thick as the MAC. Then Lastly is the OCC (obsessive compulsive cosmetics) lip tar in the color Beta .. I love lip tars but I highly recommend wearing a base. none the less as you can see they're all basically the same color. 


I hope everyone enjoyed this blog post and let me know some of your favorite dupes.I would love to hear them!!! :) Take care and until next time. Please feel free to share this blog with fellow makeup lovers !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment